For this assignment, I created 3 single panel cartoons. These are based on everyday interactions, and the goal was to introduce dialogue or other visual cues to achieve an unexpected result.
Conceptually, I think these are all fairly succinct. Stylistically, they vary quite a bit. By the time I got to the third, I noticed that my brush work had improved considerably (to the point where it didn’t feel necessary to use the pen to pull straight lines). The crosshatching in the tiles was an attempt to challenge myself in pulling consistent strokes.
All of the characters in these cartoons are very simple; I’m hoping to push the complexity of their expressions and design in the next assignments.